Using Rustici Driver
This process is the same for all versions of SCORM, AICC, cmi5, and Tin Can. You should already have your course created — HTML, movies, images, all assets for your content.
To get started:
- Take all of the files that comprise your course, and drop them in the
scormcontentfolder. If your copy of Driver doesn’t have a
scormcontentfolder, just create one at the top level and continue to follow these instructions after you’ve done so. Note what the file name is for the first page of your course. You’ll need it for the next step. N.B. You shouldn’t drop just one folder that contains your files into the
scormcontentfolder, you should drop your actual HTML and content files into the
- In your Driver folder, you should have a
indexAPI.html. In that file, you will see this line:
strContentLocation = "../scormcontent/index.html";Update that line to reference the start page of your content, or make sure that your content start page is called "index.html".
- Add functionality and SCORM / AICC / cmi5 / Tin Can integration to your content by calling any of the functions described in the Function List API. The only function that must be called for proper operation is
Finish. If you would prefer to not have your content call any functions, there is a simple change to make this possible, see the description of the
Finishfunction for more information. N.B. you should only call functions listed in the Function List. These functions are present in the
API.jsfile; calling other functions outside of this list is not recommended.
- To launch your content, simply open your
indexAPI.htmlfile in a web browser. For most browsers you can use File->Open to browse to your file.
- Package your content and import it into an SCORM / AICC / cmi5 / Tin Can conformant LMS (see Packaging Content).
Driver Global Object
Driver acts as a global object when the
scormdriver.js script is included on a page. For ease of code readability, this is usually shorthanded by using:
var SD = window.parent; // if the scormdriver is included in the window's parent frame // or var SD = window; // if the scormdriver is being called from the same page
Then functions are called like:
var myResult = SD.SetPassed(); // check myResult for true to make sure the LMS accepted the set call
Contact Rustici Software (email@example.com) for assistance with Driver.